Just wanted to say one more time, we LOVE to get mail. Even getting a postcard makes us feel like kids on Christmas morning. It also helps us feel more connected with our friends and family at home.
If you want to send us a package, and need some ideas of what to put in it, here is a list of a few things from Canada that we can’t buy (or are difficult to find) here:
- LETTERS! A hand-written letter is about the best thing we can get, really!
- Pictures! We have a picture board, and would like to have yours up there.
- Band-Aids (And now that Bea is walking, and falling, even more so)
- Sturdy cloth bags for shopping
- good, dark chocolate
- Ziploc bags
- Clothespins – the ones here just fall apart after a couple weeks
- Nature Valley Sweet & Salty nut bars
- Amazon gift cards for ebooks
- vanilla beans
- hand soap from Bath & Bodyworks (especially berry, citrus, and/or vanilla scents)
Things especially for Beatrix:
- magnets (to go on our refrigerator and metal doors)
- books! She likes to read – so far she can’t handle paper pages: board books are better. She particularly loves anything that has pictures of babies.
You can’t get plastic bags here, so if you need something to pad your package with, we’d love for you to use your plastic shopping bags.
We’ll update this list from time to time as we miss things